Welcome Americans and Friends
Join the conversation!
We’re currently a “klein aber fein” collection of around 200 folks organized on Slack, growing by the day. Our members from across the country post on a variety of expat-related topics in our main chat, as well as in our many channels for topics and locations.
Meet new friends, and join group chats for topics you’re interested in, like #foodies, or for your own local area, like #frankfurt!
Or login here
What is Slack?
If you’ve never used it, Slack is a messaging app for smartphone and computer that combines the spontaneity of a WhatsApp or Facebook group with the organizational advantages of a forum. All members are added to the #general channel on joining, and there are subchannels for topic-specific conversations and for local areas. Here is a list of our current channels.
- If you need to get your bearings, try this Slack how-to!
Here is a quick summary of how our group works:
- Sign up to get an email invite, then create an account.
- Download Slack for your device and sign in with your account.
- Post a hello message in the #general channel to introduce yourself.
- Browse the channels on the left pane, and join any topics you’re into, or ask for one to be created.
See you soon!